Esthetic Dentistry: A Clinical Approach to Techniques and MaterialsDe (autor) Kenneth W. Aschheim
en Limba Engleză Hardback – 28 Jan 2015
Renowned for its user-friendly style and features, Esthetic Dentistryexplores the very latest techniques and materials used in the treatment of esthetic dental problems. This all-inclusive, superbly illustrated resource is a must all those who are learning or practising esthetic dentistry.
- Troubleshooting guide at the beginning of the book features tabled information containing a quick snapshot of the problem, the solution, and where in the text it can be found.
- Hundreds of clinical tips throughout the book alert you to potential problems, variations on techniques, and other treatment considerations.
- Short narratives utilize a user-friendly format that works as a dependable reference, as well as a quick, at-a-glance guide.
- Part 2: Principles of Esthetics provides a detailed discussion of the fundamentals of esthetics and its relevancy to dentistry.
- Part 3: Esthetic Materials and Techniques assists you in selecting the correct materials for a specific clinical situation.
- Part 4: Esthetics and Other Clinical Applications offers an overview of how esthetics relates to other clinical specialties including, periodontics, orthodontics, implants, oral surgery, pediatrics, occlusion, laser surgery, oral photography, CAD/CAM technology, dermatological pharmaceuticals, and plastic surgery.
- NEW! Extensively revised content incorporates extensive updates within 95% of the chapters.
- NEW! Chapter on CAD/CAM technology addresses the advantages and disadvantages of CAD/CAM technology, and gives brief overviews of the most popular systems on the market.
- NEW! Chapter on occlusion looks at the fundamental concepts of occlusion, including: temporomandibular joints and surrounding structures; uniform tooth contacts; coupled anterior teeth; phonetics; occlusal vertical dimension; and more.
- NEW! Chapter on dermatological pharmaceuticals inspects the underlying processes that cause facial aging, as well as botulinum toxin, facial fillers, and combination treatment.
- NEW! Completely revised chapter on dental marketing addresses both external and internal marketing, the classic 4Ps concept, electronic marketing, how to build a marketing program, and more.
- NEW! Chapter on eating disorders reviews anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating or eating disorders not otherwise specified, along with the oral manifestations of eating disorders and considerations when approaching a patient presenting with suspected symptoms of an eating disorder.
- NEW! Chapter on domestic violence addresses what domestic violence is, the dental assessment, the legal issues surrounding domestic violence and the dentist, and how to best talk to the patient who might be a victim.
- Completely updated art program features over 1,300 full color illustrations and photographs with esthetically and clinically accurate renderings to give you a clear picture of the intended outcome in key areas such as bleaching, tooth coloring, implants, and more.
Spanish version also available, ISBN: 84-8174-567-7
Ilustrații: Approx. 775 illustrations (750 in full color)
Dimensiuni: 216 x 279 x 30 mm
Greutate: 1.86 kg
Public țintăPractising Dentists, Orthodontists, Prosthodontist Dentists, Dental students, Dental hygienists
Part 1: Troubleshooting Troubleshooting Guide
Part 2: Principles of Esthetics 1. Introduction to Esthetics 2. Fundamentals of Esthetics and Smile Analysis
Part 3: Esthetic Materials and Techniques 3. Dentin Bonding Agents 4. Color Modifiers and Opaquers 5. Composite Resin: Fundamentals and Direct Technique Restorations 6. Composite Resin: Indirect Technique Restorations 7. Porcelain Laminate Veneer Restorations 8. All Ceramic Full and Partial Coverage Restorations 9. Ceramometal Full Coverage Restorations 10. Acrylic and Other Resins: Provisional Restorations 11. Acrylic and Other Resins: Removable Prostheses 12. Esthetic Dentistry and Luting Agents 13. Bleaching and Related Agents
Part 4: Esthetics and Other Clinical Applications 14. Esthetics and Periodontics 15. Esthetics and Orthodontics 16. Esthetics and Implant Surgery 17. Esthetics and Implant Prosthetics 18. Esthetics and Oral Surgery 19. Esthetics and Pediatrics Dentistry 20. Esthetics and Occlusion 21. Esthetics and Laser Surgery 22. Esthetics and Oral Photography 23. Esthetics and Computer-Aided Design and Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) Systems 24. Esthetics and Dermatological Pharmaceuticals 25. Esthetics and Plastic Surgery
Part 5: Esthetic Practice Management 26. Esthetics and Dental Marketing 27. Esthetics Dentistry and Dental Jurisprudence 28. Esthetics and Psychology
Part 6: Esthetic Dentistry and Social Issues 29. Esthetic Dentistry and Eating Disorders 30. Esthetic Dentistry and Domestic Violence
Appendixes A. Custom Staining B. Ninety-Second Rubber Dam Placement