Biotechnology of Lactic Acid Bacteria: Novel ApplicationsEditat de Fernanda Mozzi, Rául R. Raya, Graciela M. Vignolo
en Limba Engleză Hardback – 20 Nov 2015
Lactic acid bacteria (LAB) have historically been used as starter cultures for the production of fermented foods, especially dairy products. Over recent years, new areas have had a strong impact on LAB studies: the application of omics tools; the study of complex microbial ecosystems, the discovery of new LAB species, and the use of LAB as powerhouses in the food and medical industries.
This second edition of Biotechnology of Lactic Acid Bacteria: Novel Applications addresses the major advances in the fields over the last five years. Thoroughly revised and updated, the book includes new chapters. Among them:
- The current status of LAB systematics;
- The role of LAB in the human intestinal microbiome and the intestinal tract of animals and its impact on the health and disease state of the host;
- The involvement of LAB in fruit and vegetable fermentations;
- The production of nutraceuticals and aroma compounds by LAB; and
- The formation of biofilms by LAB.
This book is an essential reference for established researchers and scientists, clinical and advanced students, university professors and instructors, nutritionists and food technologists working on food microbiology, physiology and biotechnology of lactic acid bacteria.
Dimensiuni: 169 x 248 x 23 mm
Greutate: 0.73 kg
Ediția: 2nd Edition
Editura: JOHN WILEY & SONS INC
Locul publicării: Chichester, United Kingdom