2020 Nelson's Pediatric Antimicrobial TherapyDe (autor) William J. Steinbach
en Limba Engleză Paperback – 30 Jan 2020
The 26th edition provides practical, evidence-based recommendations from the experts in antimicrobial therapy for treatment of infectious diseases in children. For each disease, the authors provide a commentary to help health care providers select the best of all antimicrobial choices.
Drug descriptions cover pediatric-appropriate antimicrobial agents available today and include complete information about dosing regimens.
New in the 26th edition:
- First pediatric approval of beta-lactam/beta-lactamase inhibitor for CRE (carbapenem-resistant enteric bacilli), ceftazidime-avibactam
- Replacement antibiotics for cefotaxime (lack of availability in the US), including ceftriaxone and cefepime (for neonates)
- Situations in which ceftaroline is preferred over vancomycin by the Editors for MRSA infections
- Updates on management of influenza, including baloxavir (now approved for children >12 years)
- New approaches to treatment of mucomycosis
- New recommendations for malaria
- More than 150 new references
Dimensiuni: 121 x 171 mm
Greutate: 0.27 kg
Editura: American Academy of Pediatrics